Licensing Administrator Job Specification
POSITION TITLE: Licensing Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Product Development & Commercialization
AUTHORITY LEVEL: TBD
REPORTS TO: Licensing Manager
DATE: June 2019
The Licensing Administrator will support the Product Development and Licensing Team in all functions for the ongoing growth and development of the business associated with proprietary Fall Creek and /or superior third-party genetics. This administrative role requires extensive interface between internal Fall Creek departments and Fall Creek regional business units on behalf of the product development and licensing department. The Licensing Administrator will play an important role for the planning support of Fall Creek events and marketing activities in the licensing arena in coordination with internal partners.
This position may be located in either US headquarters near Eugene, Oregon or in the European offices located in Seville, Spain.
This position reports to the Licensing Manager and collaborates with various department managers, team members in other functional departments, and committees as required. This position has frequent interactions with breeders, various licensors and licensees, consultants, visitors and guests of Fall Creek.
Office setting. Domestic and international travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Acts as the interface between Regional Business units throughout LATAM and EMEA and the corporate office for customer service, product development, legal and licensing.
- Responsible for project planning back up (field days, trade shows, marketing activities)
- Provides support for the committee responsible for cultivar commercialization decisions.
- Responsible for providing administrative support to members of the Licensing department.
- International Communication Support with retail, end buyers, handlers, and customers.
- Document execution, information compilation, and data management: Contracts, Contacts, technical information, Market Data.
- Provides Royalty Management and administration support for licensing programs.
- Responsible for assisting the Licensing Manager with major deliverables. Anticipates needs and reacts accordingly, including preparing material, compiling information, and collaborating with internal and external partners to meet deadlines.
- Composes and prepares confidential reports, spreadsheets, advanced presentations, research reports and other complex documents.
- Attend trade shows, outside meetings and related events from time to time, as required.
- Supports, perpetuates and enhances Fall Creek’s core values and corporate culture.
- Assures the highest level of confidentiality on sensitive matters concerning the business.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAINING:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Law or related field and a minimum of 6+ years of experience in an international business.
- Possesses 4+ years relationship management experience, preferably in the produce or perishables industry.
- Possesses understanding of intellectual property and licensing, plus experience in its management and administration.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- English language fluency - Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with strict attention to detail and prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and function successfully in complex business and political relationships.
- Able to work as part of a team with internal departments and with other professionals in the industry. Strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with many interdependencies.
- Demonstrated track record of teamwork in a multicultural environment and ability to work effectively with diverse communities.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Willingness to accept performance feedback, engage in professional and team development initiatives.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company values, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
Additional language skills in Spanish and/or French are a plus. Position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement.
To apply for this position, please email your C.V. and Cover Letter to Fall Creek Europe Human Resources at FallCreekEuropeHR@fallcreeknursery.com
Note: Position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement.