POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Commercial Manager
LOCATION: Lima and Cañete DATE: October 2019
This position provides high-level administrative support for the Commercial Manager and Commercial Team. The position also coordinates logistics for customers and guests of the Commercial department visiting Fall Creek. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for ensuring smooth and expedient movement of plants as well as the coordination of all the shipments of plant material to customers. This position will also assist with various office-related administrative tasks when required.
This position reports to the Commercial Manager and works closely with the other departments in the back office and nursery. This position also collaborates with customer service, sales, and shipping teams at the corporate office in Oregon. The Customer Service Representative interfaces with customers, distributors, grower supports technicians and representative and nursery operations staff.
Office and Cañete nursery setting. Travel within the country is required. May travel internationally as needed.
Essential Functions: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Works closely with customers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with internal Fall Creek departments and the Cañete nursery operations staff to ensure information is communicated in a timely manner.
- Under the direction of Commercial, performs entry-level customer service duties. This may include pre-qualifying incoming sales calls and taking order information.
- Responds to customer requests in a timely manner. Builds rapport with customers and provides exceptional service.
- Enters orders in a timely and accurate manner. Reviews orders for correct pricing, quantities, and other related information prior to being processed.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data in the systems.
- Answers questions and assists in resolving problems requiring data in a timely manner.
- Monitors inventory levels during order entry and notifies Commercial of variances.
- Provides administrative support to the team.
- Coordinates meeting arrangements, both on and off-site for the commercial department. This includes preparing presentation materials, securing equipment, coordinating catering services (if it's necessary) and other services.
- Participates in tradeshows and other industry events
- Performs special projects and other work as assigned.
- Provides backup to the Executive Assistant when needed.
- Assures the highest level of confidentiality on sensitive matters concerning the nursery.
- Supports perpetuates and enhances Fall Creek’s core values and corporate culture.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Training:
- Typically requires an associate degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires 4+ years of administrative support experience preferably.
- Requires previous experience in performing data analysis and report creation.
- Ability to prepare complex reports, correspondence, presentations, and other written materials.
- Requires strong analytical skills when working with data.
- Highly proficient using Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced computer skills using Excel. Requires knowledge of functions, which are used to manage data in a spreadsheet (pivot tables) and formulas that are used for calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact, courtesy, and good judgment while representing the company in a positive manner. Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and relationships.
- Ability to prioritize work within established guidelines and follow through on a variety of requests.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and to use good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority.
- Regular and reliable attendance at the primary place of business.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company values, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or economics.
- ‘Power user’ level of computer skills in order to use advanced features of programs.
- Advanced skills using Access databases; able to write queries and create procedures and reports.
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish & English. The ability to speak, read and write in Spanish and English. The ability to present information in meetings and to others using both English & Spanish.
- Familiarity with SAP or similar ERP system.
To apply for this position, please email your C.V./resume and cover letter to the Peru HR team.