POSITION TITLE: Sales & Grower Support Representative
REPORTS TO: Commercial Manager
DATE: June 2019
The Sales & Grower Support Representative is a front-line position responsible for delivering Fall Creek’s mission; to bring exceptional plants and solutions to optimize customer success. Representatives are responsible for providing technical product support and executing sales for commercial customers within an assigned region.
The Sales and Grower Support Representative reports to a Commercial Manager and collaborates with Fall Creek’s regional and global teams. This position works closely with customers, visitors and guests of Fall Creek and is a member of the Global Commercial Team.
The Sales and Grower Support Representative acts as the “humble servant” and provides a high level of customer-focused, technical service.
Office, farms and nursery. Frequent single day and overnight travel within the assigned territory. Some international travel may be required.
(This position requires applicants living in Michoacán or Guanajuato or must to be fully open for a relocation)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Serves as the primary representative to assist customers with all aspects of the sales process including plant ordering, availability, terms and conditions and other interactions that lead to a successful relationship between Fall Creek and the customer.
- Responsible for providing product support and technical assistance to commercial customers in the assigned region. This includes providing qualified advice and perspectives, on-site evaluation, pre-plant preparation, variety selection, and post-plant cultural care.
- Responsible for identifying and developing new accounts in the assigned territory.
- Supports new and existing licensees with technical product support and facilitates plant orders as required.
- Provides feedback and timely intel to management regarding the state of the industry and our competition.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely use of Fall Creek’s CRM to record all observations, activities, daily tasks, sales opportunities and customer interactions.
- As a member of the Global Commercial Team, provides support and input on horticultural and commercial issues of interest to the group.
- Provides support to the Commercial Manager, Licensing Manager, and others with key commercial account responsibilities.
- Assists the customer to ensure all sales orders are consistent and understood and is responsible to ensure required deposits are received on time.
- Responsible to ensure each order is accurate and each customer understands Fall Creek’s fulfillment process, timelines, and the role of customer service and logistics teams.
- Assists the Commercial Manager by building opportunities in the CRM that provide critical data for sales and demand forecasting. The CRM opportunities will include accurate intelligence on upcoming projects and insight into what varieties, sizes, and quantities will be needed to meet future demand.
- Responsible for reporting field observations on variety and selection performance to R&D, Applied Research, and the Commercial department. As requested, may also assist with plantings and cultural care.
- Represents the company as an attendee and occasionally as a presenter at regional meetings, tradeshows, and industry events. Plans and implements educational seminars for growers and customers in the assigned region as needed.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing existing and prospective customer visits to Fall Creek nursery locations, and to farm operations within the assigned region, as well as international customers when necessary.
- Acts as the “humble servant” and provides a high level of customer focused service.
- Supports, perpetuates and enhances Fall Creek’s core values and corporate culture.
- Assures the highest level of confidentiality on sensitive matters concerning the business.
- Adheres to the standards set forth in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAINING:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Crop Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires 5+ years of related technical, sales or customer service experience preferably in an agricultural business. Must be results-driven and customer- focused.
- Strong understanding of agronomic topics such as soil & water chemistry, plant nutrition, irrigation, fertigation, and crop management.
- Requires a proven track record of building successful, professional relationships including the ability to interact with customers as well as colleagues.
- Requires a high degree of independent professional judgment in problem solving, researching solutions, and decision making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Ability to effectively present information clearly in formal and informal settings to peers, customers and industry leaders. Ability to actively listen.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and maintain a positive attitude. Must be able to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Requires a valid driver license in the assigned territory.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position which includes the ability to travel.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company values, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Specific experience in blueberries or similar horticultural crop.
- Previous experience working with an ERP and/or CRM system, preferably SAP and/or Sales Force.
For immediate consideration, please contact in confidence:
Fall Creek Mexico Human Resources