Do you love blueberries?
For more than 40 years Fall Creek Farm & Nursery has cultivated exceptional blueberry plants for customers all over the globe. We propagate, grow, sell, and ship millions of plants every single year. Our products are second to none, in part, because we have high standards, superb growing conditions, and most importantly, good people.
Our vision: To be the premier provider of select plants and solutions that improve the health of humanity.
We have and exciting opportunity for a Europe Regional Production Technician in our nursery located in Meterik, Netherlands.
This position oversees and manage production shift employees and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and quantity standards.
This position reports to the Production Manager and collaborates with managers and others throughout the organization. The Production Supervisor works closely together with production employees. The Production Supervisor has frequent interactions with Logistic and Sales.
Essential Duties: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Oversee production operations on assigned shift.
- Prepares work schedules to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintain knowledge of processes and equipment.
- Ensure that products are identified, weighed and warehoused correctly.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the equipment and notify, when necessary, the maintenance department of equipment problems.
- Ensure that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures paperwork is completed and signed correctly according to the rules and procedures of the organization.
- Train and manage production employees on the assigned shift.
- Oversees daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Language skills in English. The ability to speak, read, and write in English. The ability to present information in meetings and to others using English.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Strong ability to understand cultural differences.
- Geographic mobility.
TO APPLY For immediate, confidential consideration, please send cover letter and resume with the reference "Production Technician" to: FallCreekEuropeHR@fallcreeknursery.com.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.fallcreeknursery.com Employment offers are contingent on meeting our background and reference check standards. We are not considering any candidates without a cover letter sent.