Fall Creek is creating a world with better blueberries through its friendly, collaborative team that is spread across the globe. To help us accomplish this, we are seeking a qualified Operations Manager at our site in Tala, Mexico.
This position is responsible for successfully produce brand compliant crops within the established budget and for delivering plants to our customers according to FC product specs.
What you will do at Fall Creek:
- Manages all operations, including but not limited to propagation, plant production, crop maintenance, order fulfillment, shipping, facilities (maintenance and construction), labor, safety, budgeting, and expense management.
- Ensures that complete and accurate plant orders are pulled, staged for shipping and loaded onto trucks in accordance with FCFN standards. Coordinates order fulfillment efforts with the Commercial department and representatives.
- Under guidance from the Director of Production, implements decisions related to irrigation, fertilization & pesticide applications.
- Ensures workers comply with health and safety protocols and personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements when handling chemicals. Ensures the safe and secure usage and storage of chemicals, fertilizers and related substances.
- Collaborates with the Regional Director, the Director of Production, and the accounting department on developing the annual nursery budget. Responsible for operating within the approved amounts. Works with the accounting department on monthly forecasting. Actively manages expenditures at the nursery and provides all documentation and receipts to the accounting department in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the H.R. Manager in the establishment and implementation of a health and safety program at the nursery in accordance with the Federal Regulations.
What you bring to Fall Creek:
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomic engineering, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Technical plant production knowledge, preferably in a greenhouse environment
- 5+ years’ experience managing a facility or operation.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory or management position with proven ability to manage, develop and mentor staff
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish & English. The ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, vendors, customers, peers and the community
- Preference for those with general knowledge of hydroponics, plant tissue culture, and conventional plant propagation techniques
Who is Fall Creek?
We’re a US-based company with a keen focus on blueberry genetics, plants, and grower support delivered to the world’s premier blueberry growers. From our humble beginnings in Lowell, Oregon more than 40 years ago, we now also have wholly-owned nurseries in Mexico, Peru, and Spain. Additionally, we have built a global team of the finest breeders, researchers, propagators and nursery professionals, grower support technicians, sales and customer service experts and more. We’re a deeply-planted link in a global chain, ready to serve our customers and our industry throughout North, Central, and South America, Greater Europe, and Africa. Our mission is to serve the growers and to support the blueberry industry, helping to ensure growers maximize success through our delivery of the best genetics and plants, technical know-how and global market intelligence. To fulfill our mission, we focus on cultivating exceptional plants, building strong relationships and providing responsive customer service. This is all part of how we’re helping to build A World with Better Blueberries™.
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® offers a competitive salary and benefit package which includes health insurance, company-paid life insurance, and food coupons. This position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement upon hire. Employment offers are contingent on meeting our drug testing, background, and reference check standards. EOE
For consideration, please send your resume/CV to Brian Janecek, Global Talent Acquisition Manager.